Become part of our professional learning community at Mulberry College of Teaching, where excellent outcomes, collaboration and creative teaching are key to helping all students excel.
The Mulberry Schools Trust is proud to be at the forefront of secondary initial teacher education, through its accredited Mulberry College of Teaching (MCoT).
Situated in the heart of East London, MCoT is committed to providing both inclusive and aspirational education. We are dedicated to inspiring excellence and unlocking the potential of teachers devoted to teaching their subject.
Our shared vision and values reflect the Mulberry Schools Trust’s commitment to quality education and its exceptional work can be further explored here. It includes the East London Teaching School Hub – one of only 87 Teaching School Hubs in the country. By joining MCoT, you will be surprised and inspired by the rich and varied career opportunities available to the teaching profession.
With the support of our Trust schools and local secondary school partners, we work hard to create a strong learning community with high expectations and aspirations. Find out more about our partner schools here.
You will gain professional experience and expertise from the best specialist subject teachers and colleagues – all of whom share a passion for their work and have a deep understanding of the complexities of working in an inner-city, urban and diverse community.
You will be placed in a ‘home school’ (one of our Trust or lead partner schools) for the majority of your training along with a complementary placement at one of our other schools. You will have sustained weekly contact with MCoT where you will be immersed in the best evidence-informed research and practice and an expert mentor will support your development throughout. You will participate in five intensive training and practice workshops, each curated and hosted by one of our lead partner schools. We see these as the pillars of our programme and will afford you unique opportunities to hone your craft.
We will encourage you to be a curious and reflective learner. Not only will you learn what and how to teach effectively but we will also encourage you to consider the why. You will have ample opportunities to develop, practice and critique your skills and talents.
Our vibrant learning environment provides a unique opportunity for personal and professional growth, and requires hard work, rigour and resilience. Our supportive team, who will know you well, will be onside throughout sharing in both the challenges and successes. We will support you to manage your wellbeing and help you to thrive in your future teaching posts.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Mulberry College of Teaching and learning more about you and your aspirations.
Join the next generation of passionate and exceptional secondary specialist teachers who:
- are firmly committed to social justice and our core belief that each and every student from any background is entitled to a high-quality education;
- want to inspire creativity, leadership and a life-long love of learning in all students and embody this in their own teaching;
- want to unlock the transformative power of their subject for all students, regardless of their starting point.
What you can expect from our strong and long-standing partnership of Trust schools and local secondary schools based in East London:
- You will gain an invaluable opportunity to learn from professionals who are exceptional subject-specialists in inclusive education;
- In turn, you will develop the subject knowledge and understanding, as well as skills and attributes, required to become a successful inclusive teacher in a vibrant, global inner-city context;
- You will be immersed in school-based training that is both stimulating and engaging – the best way to prepare anyone for the rigours and joy of teaching;
- You will have the opportunities to teach in five different schools within our partnership, exposing you to a range of practice and a breadth of expertise
You will benefit from the unique and trailblazing partnerships and extensive enrichment opportunities provided through the Mulberry Schools Trust
Don’t just take our word for it, here’s what our colleagues and trainees have to say!